We are happy to inform you that we’ve managed to get some feedback from our banking partners regarding much needed payment holidays and debt relief for customers. Some banks will be doing formal press releases in the coming days, but they have given us the go-ahead to share the information with you in the meantime.
Each of the following banks have set up dedicated contact centres to manage queries and applications for debt relief and payment holidays, however, call volumes are high, and it is putting a lot of strain on their service levels and turnaround times. They ask that customers please be patient – they know these are stressful times - they are trying their utmost to get to every customer as soon as they can.
Should you be approached by customers regarding home loan repayments or any other related debt relief, you can redirect them to the following:
- • Absa will pre-screen customers and send an SMS offering this capability to their customers who will opt in or out.
• This is effective 1 April 2020.
• Customers can expect a delayed response.
- • FNB has just released the following relief measures to the public, effective from 1 April to 30 June 2020, for those customers who’s financial stability has been impacted by the Covid-19 Lockdown:
• Individuals and business customers can contact FNB via their usual digital and assisted banking channels to enquire about these services. During this week, customers will also be able to get more information on their current Covid-19 relief measures through a dedicated icon on the landing page of the FNB banking app.
We hope that this will assist some customers with their cash flow in the coming months to support their families and will give them some piece of mind.
We are also here to support you, and rest assured that we will communicate any other information that becomes available.
The BondExcel team